Wednesday, August 10, 2011

THE GARAGE BANDIT

Ever since I left home, I've developed a routine: I go down to the basement and attempt to salvage some old clothing. Not just some of my old clothing, but items that belonged to every single being that lives in my house. Of course with an open mind like mine, I always seem to run into some goooooood luck! Like I mentioned in some posts below, I'm recovering from oral surgery. I woke up to see that I have my face back! The swelling went completely down on both sides; yay! I had to celebrate by doing a self-shoot. Now, as most of you should know by now, I am Nigerian. I have a garage full of native garments, varying in all kinds of designs. You see this ankara the fashion-world is currently raving and fawning over, yeah, I got 'em in abundance. I love my culture. Moving on. I was lucky enough to find this vibrant orange wrap-around-skirt or as we would call it, "wrapper". I decided to warp into a nifty little skirt. I played around with it for a bit, entertained the idea of actually sewing it, but today was a rainy day and my time with natural light was running short. If you wanna know how this skirt was made, I think I'm gonna make a D.I.Y video for you gals tomorrow! *crosses fingers* I pray I find time. Ok, so, most of these shots are long shots and I hate posting long shots, so I'm gonna collage 'em. As I usually do.
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us

[=

0 comments:

Post a Comment