Sunday, January 30, 2011

BADUIZM

I wouldn't call myself a big fan of Erykah Badu the artist but I do enjoy her music. I don't own all of her albums, never been in attendance to a live show, none of that dedicated fan stuff. HOWEVER, I am a BIG fan of who she is...Erykah Badu the individual. She's so free, expressive and just all around amazing. I bet she gives off great energy! Ahh, I just wanna hug her. And yes, I do mean for that to sound as creepy as possible. hehe. I say that to say this, my "headwrap" in the following photographs is reminiscent of something Erykah has done. At the moment, I wasn't thinking of her when I wrapped it up though. I was more of reflecting on the fact that I am of Nigerian decent and our women do tend to tie over sized scarves on their heads; it's tradition. Additionally, I was reflecting on the fact that I was not in the mood to pick my hair out that morning. ha! Anyway doe. Let the photograph posting commence...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I wouldn't be me if I didn't express my silly ways in a picture. lol I don't even know what provoked that facial expression. I know one of 'em is blurry; I took these picture literally in the course of 5 minutes. I was about to head to campus!
[=

0 comments:

Post a Comment