Tuesday, May 24, 2011

MIXTAPE: BIG K.R.I.T. x "THE RETURN OF 4EVA"

Photobucket
Big K.R.I.T. - ReturnOf4Eva by Q-CA
This entire mixtape is easily a classic. How did I arrive at that conclusion? I searched it on datpiff , hit play and was not at all filled with urge to skip a track. Not only that, the mixtape ran out and replayed itself and I had no idea. Everything from the lyrical content to the sentiments that arise upon the duration of each track: bliss. I'm not a fan of the fact that he's downplayed and regarded as not being praise-worthy right along with most southern rappers. I believe he contains more substance than most. In addition to that, his genuine humility is absolutely commendable. I had the privilege of watching him perform twice, as well as meeting and photographing him. Upon our second encounter with each other, he recognized me before I spoke and went forth to tell me when and where we met. Like, how many entertainers can do that? His words, "...in the midst of all the glory, I hope you find God." immediately comes to mind. I have so much appreciation and respect for Big K.R.I.T. as an individual and as an artist given that the humility you hear portrayed in his lyrics are genuine. Yeah, and that's my story. lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment