Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SUMMER PROJECT: STREET-LIFE SERIES

Like most people, your actions, interests, ideas and opinions are an externalization of your character. For me, as an artist, my art is a perfect representation of myself. I have attempted to employ organization to my art countless times, but have failed miserably. I will not say I am necessarily giving up, but I will say I have learned to find comfort and satisfaction with the way that I conduct my presentation of my work. I am chaotic, inconsistent, and savagely unorganized. I won't call it a problem. No, it's not at all a problem. Each time I cook up ideas for photo-series, I always break out of the structure; I hate structure. I have a free mind and I delight in expressing aspects of myself freely; my art shouldn't be exempted from that. This summer, I have decided to extend my photography more into the candid free nature of street-life photography. In case you are not aware, I go to school in North Carolina. I am constantly condemning the overall appeal of the area I stay at in NC simply for the fact its character does not appeal to me. Maybe it will, but I just won't surrender myself to being in its captivity. Now that I am back home in New York for the summer, the place where I feel possesses unspeakable amount of character. Along with a street-life series of photography, I will also dabble into conceptual and street-fashion. Perhaps, some fashion photography. It shouldn't prove difficult to find able and willing participants. Initially, I advertised the want of subjects/model on tumblr and facebook and surprisingly got some immediate feedback. However, the whole organization thing posed as an enormous bump on the road. I delight in spontaneity, like I previously mentioned, so I think I would rather take the route of asking acquaintances, associates and friends to be my subjects. Or simply approach random individuals on the skreet. Yeah, I said skreet. All in all, I hope to continue telling stories through my photographs. If you delight in my work, stay tuned.
Here are some photographs I've captured so far:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
hit the jump...

[=

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment