Wednesday, November 9, 2011

TEFF x COMPANY: ATLANTA PHOTO DIARY | OCT. 21-23

One major aspect of my life that I have failed to share with my public is that: I am a twin. I'm sure you, the reader, just flew into a complete state of hysteria after reading that line, like, "whoa!". Yes, we are fraternal; born on the same day, same year. She lives in Atlanta, by the way. My aim was to post the photographs the week immediately following this much needed mini-vacay, but it's apparent to you that I failed at that. Then, I readjusted and aimed to post it on our birthday(yesterday); failed at that as well. Ah, well. The goal of the trip was to attend this cultural event, unwind and see some old faces; mission well-accomplished. I was so excited about this trip before and after mainly because I have a tendency to get sick each time a road-trip is underway. But this time though, I was in tip-top shape. Here's my trip in a nutshell: my twin, Buchi (pronounced like Gucci--with a B) and I went downtown and while on the way, I spied a flea market/vintage pop-up shop alongside the road and felt immediately compelled to explore its contents. Mind you, there was some parade in progress, so finding a parking spot seemed impossible, but we did. The pop-up shop is managed by an amazing lady whom finds amazing vintage pieces and alters them to perfection. Unfortunately, I can not remember her name and do not have her business card near.(I'll make a note to share later).
I have this thing where I go places, stores for example, the owner takes a liking to me, drags me all around the store and woos me into trying on certain pieces, then I end up leaving empty-handed. I'm usually consumed with guilt thereon after. Here is this person pulling out every sales stunt in the book to get me to shop and the fact of the matter is: I was merely window-shopping. Ya know? Anyways, after that we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for an iced caramel latte before heading back to the house to get ready for the event. Long-story-short: one of the workers took a liking to me and offered me the latte for free--if I'd oblige him with a lunch-date the following day. He even threw in a free box of fresh glazed donuts and me, in the midst of all my shyness, responded to his kindness with bashful smiles and giggles. Southern hospitality? I don't know. And while there, this ghetto Asian lady strolls in and proceeded to unleash a caliber of comedy that had me and my twin convinced we were Ice Cube's movie. "Next Friday". I wish I recorded it; a priceless moment, really.
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Click the jump to see more photographs.
[=


Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us
Image Hosted by Imageshack.us

2 comments:

Kimm-Sou said...

I really love your blog, it actually inspired me to start one on my own. keep doing what you do best inspiring, being creative, original and being you

teff, THE don said...

Thank you so much, Love.
xxo

Post a Comment