Thursday, December 8, 2011

MIXTAPE: LUPE FIASCO x "FRIEND OF THE PEOPLE | FOTP"

Image Hosted by Imageshack.us

My mind and ears were first christened with the content of the brilliantly-constructed compilation last week while partaking in random searches on the web. The moment was synonymous to indulging into a new delicacy and due to its foreign method of providing you with delight, you devoured it within a matter of seconds. I will admit that I am not particularly fond of a majority of its production. The instrumentals are boisterous and drowned out, for the most part, the lyrics of most of the songs. But that's where the enjoyment stems from--the fact that the listener must dig deep in order to obtain the substance embedded within. I suppose his aim was to capture the rebellious essence present in pop-rock; I was not prepared.
[=

0 comments:

Post a Comment