Friday, December 2, 2011

VIDEO: THE WEEKND x "THE KNOWING"


Directed by: Mikael Colombu.

Upon the start of this video, I couldn't help but notice the similarity in stylistics of this video to Cee-Lo's "bodies"--that is--till I learned both visuals were created by the same genius-mind: Mikael.

Not only does it fill me with immense joy to finally view and share the first official video from musical-phenom Abel Tesfaye, better known as The Weeknd . The excitement does not only lie with the previously stated fact, but more so on the event of me learning that he is Ethiopian. Hence, African. Do you know how much pride this fills me with? When I learned his actual name--his first name to be exact--I concluded he was either partly Middle Eastern or Muslim. But, wait; the excitement does not cease there. In all my anticipation for the release of an official video from The Weeknd, I pondered on thoughts such as: which song would he choose? What concept would he construct? when would he release it? What other artists would be present? With whom would he work with? Pleased that all these questions have indeed been answered and, of course, that this visual is sick-as-fuck. I love the brief Ethiopian history e in the beginning by recognizing the greatness of one of Africa's leading emperor, Haile Selassie. Respect.
[=

0 comments:

Post a Comment