Monday, October 1, 2012

VIDEO: AZEALIA BANKS x "1991"

Directed by: Justin Mitchell.


Just as it proves difficult to enjoy your favourite Artist's music when amid a large, roaring, eager crowd, the same effect translates in seeking out a new Artist with an overwhelming amount of reception. You await the hype, anticipate its thinning out to. Waiting, sifting through all the hype to allow the music to properly sink in and create a space for better assessment, free of influences from others. That case was no different when it came down to the meddling in the sounds of the beautiful and seemingly bubbly, yet bold, Harlem native, Azealia Banks. I heard numerous reviews on her hit single, "212" and grew curious on what she had to offer musically. It now pleases me to admit - after months of stalling - to admit that I am smitten. This song serves as my introduction to Azealia and I can't seem to get enough.

I am especially taken by the capture and fine execution of the 90's essence, look, style and sound. From the lyrical content, to her garments, to her body language, to the dancers; it all just came together perfectly. From the moment I saw the video, I was itching to share it with you lot, even though I was certain a majority of you has seen it. In the off-chance that you are yet to, enjoy. Explore Azealia Banks; she really is a force to be reckoned with. Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment